Logbook of an Unknown Artist | Paintings Of Animesh Roy

Logbook of an Unknown Artist | Paintings Of Animesh Roy

Art of Animesh Roy Please keep in touch with my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/animeshroyartist Still Life with plate o...

Friday, December 18, 2009

Random Notes... from the logbook of an unknown Artist

    Plein air in early spring 2009... painting Cherry Flowers

    Oil On Linen
    73x60cm
    28.7x23.6inches
    April 2009
  • When spring comes the blinding white flowers spurting from all dried up trees is a spectacular sight to behold. Trees small & big, standing up all winter like dead wood suddenly coming to life - with these white flowers first, the leaves come much later, most of these fruits trees come back to life in this similar pattern.
  • Am an artist from India. i divide time between India and Poland!
    One of the first paintings of spring flowers after a long winter... painted on location, Poznan, Poland. March - April 2009One of my favourite subjects: Flowers.. it always bring me joy to paint flowers... we all need to look at flowers a lot more than we do nowadays.. be it in our garden, in the vase or in a painting...
    During my sojourn in Painted 2007 i started to paint on linen, a traditional surface in Europe and its much superior to cotton canvas.
  • how i paint: Just oil paints straight from the tubes! No turpentine or linseed... sometime... yes I paint spontaneously.. Without much of drawing.. frame work.. and it has to come good in one go as I don't much go back to my work after one sitting...never liked working in layers.. one layer first then put to dry and then the next...oh god I can'nt do that... I can'nt even make myself to touch up my old works!! Anyway many moons ago I was told by one of those of self appointed know-all art professors/teachers that one can'nt do oils with my kind of patient!! And that I should do acrylics.. Well we all are impressionable.. I went on to work in acrylics.. but was never happy as the colours are never bright enough for my Indian eye or never subtle...then one day in frustration I started working in oils and am so happy with the results.. Yes it's tough unlike in acrylics but the results are mind-blowing. I use brush, knives, spatula and some time my fingers..
  • Painting. The old-world meaning was a canvas or paper and paint. But now it has become a dirty word.. something to look down upon... "you actually paint?" is what I hear from all high and sundry... yes I paint using canvas and oils... I still need to go out in the woods, mountains to paint...or use a model or an apple.. no I don't use digital technology.... i don't paint abstract based on some super human intellectual high brow view of the world... I ask am I in a wrong place wrong time?When did I last see a contemporary work of art that evoked an emotion in my heart? I don't remember. In my works I am trying to evoke that emotion that we all get when we see real art....
  • Some long forgotton song...Really gem.... never heard before.. buried away in our utter ignorance and lack of respect for our great artists... we have no museums, archives saving our great heritage from going to oblivion... slowly we will lose all... hardly any footage is left - sound or celluloid... its a fact. great many of our old films and music has perished..we haven't built a single museum for any of our great artists in any fields... no road or airports, no statues.. nothing..though these great souls continues to ring in our ears with their great music or films or painting or poetry... look at the West and you see they do so much for their artists..and in return they also earn revenue.. here, we lose all...
  • Eva don't listen to Ravinder Vyases of this world!! they know nothing about art!!! they are jealous of your skills to draw well!!! first these artists must show they can paint and draw with a steady hand..then they can go "beyond"... I know many who have become big names in the world of art..but cant even draw!! just doing experimentation to hide their lack of skills!! its an old trick..it can fool many a buyer but not me!!!
The many men, so beautiful !
And they all dead did lie;
And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on ;
and so did I.

No comments: